Permitted SSAS investments
You can be fully in control of a wide range of investments, using a SSAS as a tax-free wrapper to fund the retirement of Scheme Members.
- Commercial Property and land
- UK quoted shares, stocks and debentures
- Stocks and shares quoted on a recognised overseas stock exchange
- Shares in the sponsoring employer
- Futures and Options quoted on a recognised stock exchange
- Hedge Funds
- Insurance company funds
- Bank and Building Society deposits
- Cash deposits in any major currency
- Gold Bullion
- Loans to associated or unassociated companies (the latter must be genunie third parties and loans must be made on an arms-length basis)
Some investments are higher risk than others. You should understand the risk profile attached to different investments and discuss this with your IFA, if you have one.
Some investments, such as commercial property, can be harder to sell than others and this needs to be borne in mind when planning for retirement.
SSAS Practitioner.com does not provide investment advice. We recommend you speak to an IFA prior to making investment decisions.
The process for investment via your SSAS Practitioner.com SSAS is very simple: you contact us with your proposed investment, and we check whether it is allowable under HMRC rules. If the investment is allowable, you go ahead and make the investment.
Please do not make an investment via your SSAS without speaking to us, as there are a wide range of issues to bear in mind.
SSAS Bank account
Each SSAS has its own bank account, which is used to manage the scheme’s cash. All transactions must pass through this account.
The account is held in the name of the Member Trustees. Unlike SSAS bank accounts via traditional SSAS Providers who act as Administrators for the scheme, SSAS Practitioner.com does not countersign each bank transaction, making the process quicker and much more efficient. It is essential that you consult us prior to making an investment using the scheme bank account in order for us to confirm that the investment is allowable under HMRC rules.
We have a good relationship with specialist pension banking providers who offer:
- No bank fees
- No transaction charges
- A good rate of interest (details available on request)
- Monthly bank statements.
- Deposit accounts with very competitive rates of interest
However, you are free to use a bank of your choice if you prefer; this is no problem whatsoever. We will liaise with whoever you chose to provide your SSAS's bank account and ensure it's set-up as quickly and efficiently as possible.